Running a business can be stressful at times and may bring with it mental health challenges. Add the additional stresses bought about from the COVID-19 pandemic and the stress levels may be exasperated. Learning how to create a mentally safe workplace is an important priority for business owners both for their own mental health, and that of their employees.
Following are links to download evidence-based resources created by the Australian National Health Commission in conjunction with the Mentally Healthy Workplace Alliance. The easy-to-use guides support the mental health and wellbeing of Australian workers, and encourage mentally healthy workplaces during COVID-19. The guides have been developed for sole traders, small businesses, and large businesses. Topics include;
- Looking after yourself and your own mental health
- Managing financial distress
- Looking after your people and their mental health
- Signs to look out for when someone is experiencing ill mental health
- Supporting someone experiencing ill mental health
- Understanding your obligations to mental health under WHS laws
- Creating a mentally safe and healthy workplace
- Where to get support
If at any time you need help, please reach out to any of the services below:
If you need assistance with bookkeeping or determining your eligibility for business grants please contact us for help.